Friday, August 23, 2013

Let's Talk About Nipples

But before we do, I'm down to 189.4 y'all! Yeah the south has gotten to me. Look I don't actually say it but ever since B. Spears started saying it and journalists made fun of her in print for it I cannot seem to stop writing it when it comes to something I'm excited about.

Onto nipples.

Dear Lady Runners... how in the hell do you run while PMSing or on your period. I mean holy shit, I tried this morning to go for a run. I'm calling it a success because actual running did occur... for one small lap around my small neighborhood (I really should measure it out). But by the end of the first lap, I thought perhaps a walk run is in order.

The kind of walk run where I never run again because the memory of nipple pain made me want to curl into fetal position.

Seriously, it felt like a little man was inside me with some kind of string or pulley system attached to my nipples. Every step felt like he was trying to yank my nipples through my boobs and into my body. Sometimes both at the same time, sometimes one and then the other. All times, extremely painful.

Am I the only one this happens to? Or are you lady runners taking a break for up to two weeks while your body fucks your world up?

1 comment:

  1. I do not think that it is a good idea to run on your period. Of course, it is up to you, and in case you feel great you are welcome to do it. But if you do not feel good and it is painful, believe me, it would be better not to avoid running.

    ReplyDelete