Monday, August 12, 2013

The Starting Line

Today marks the start of my latest attempt to get fit and lose weight. Normally, I'd just say get fit but when I weighed in this morning at 193.8 lbs, I knew I really meant LOSE weight. Furthermore, after an awesome trip to Pensacola with my boyfriend in which I was confronted with 700 pictures of the most disgusting gut and/or ass I've ever seen and realized they were of me when I was parasailing with my boyfriend, I knew something had to change.

The thing is my boyfriend thinks I'm hot. But he thought I was hot when I was 30 lbs lighter at the start of this thing, so I think at the minimum I can lose 30 lbs and still have a boyfriend who thinks I'm hot. That makes it a bit harder for me since I don't have the motivation of a boyfriend no longer being attracted to me.

I started out by buying a new pair of kicks this past weekend at Big Peach. I was in and out in less than 10 minutes which really pleased me. I knew what kind of shoes they had previously fitted me for and I guess I had an air of knowing what I wanted because the sales girl didn't even attempt to bring me alternates. Instead, she brought me the latest version of my shoes which I tried on and ran around the store in and then brought me a variety of colors to choose from. And by variety, I mean white and white and watermelon. I picked the watermelon obviously.

I would like to lose 3-4 lbs a month. By January, I would like to weigh 16 lbs less than I do right now which puts me at a weight of 177. I am going to work out 6 days a week and starting next week, will plan out my meals. This week is tough because it is my first back from vacation, we're closing on a house, we're slammed at work and I'm moving. Next week, we should be settled into the new place so I'll feel like I'm at a better place to cook and plan meals. I figure this week, I can focus on the workout part!

Today's News and Notes:

  • I weighed in at 193.8 lbs when I woke up this morning. I will do a weekly weigh in and post it here.
  • For cardio today, I ran for 10 minutes on the treadmill at a pace of 5.0 mph. I then walked for 20 minutes at an incline of 10-13 and a pace of 3.0-3.3 mph for a total of 30 minutes of cardio.
  • I worked out with my trainer.
    • Prowler Push 130 lbs down and back on the astroturf in the gym.
    • Walking Lunges with kettlebell overhead. Stop at each dash on the astroturf and do 2 squats. Down and back.
    • Bear Crawls. Stop at each dask and do 2 jump squats down. Jog back.
    • Walking Kettlebell Figure 8s
    • Prowler Run with 2 jumping jacks at each dash. 70 lbs. Down and Back.
  • Meals for the day:
    • Breakfast: Protein Bar and cup of coffee
    • Lunch: Jimmy John's Club Lulu with Salt and Vinegar Chips and Lemonade
    • Snack: Cup of coffee
    • Dinner: Panera U Pick 2 with 1/2 of an Avocado Turkey BLT and 1/2 of a BBQ chicken salad. Baguette on the side with water


No comments:

Post a Comment